If you could change something about your home, without worry about expense or mess, what would you do?
I would make my home bigger, brighter and in the middle of nowhere. I’d turn it into a farm/sanctuary with lots and lots of animals and I’d have a massive garden.
Lots of white furniture and bright colors. Go for a minimalist and chic decor. Everything would be organized and I’d have lots of cool kitchen appliances. Oh and a massive fish tank. And a playroom for my animals.
Ooooooh and maybe get a sauna, jacuzzi and indoor pool. Ugh, an indoor, heated pool would be a dream.
When announcement was first made in 1923 that Mary Brooks Picken of the Woman’s Institute had developed a new plan by which an attractive dress could be made in an hour, it aroused tremendous interest among women everywhere.
One Hour Dress Made in 34 Minutes!
Some doubted that such an achievement was possible, until the dress was made in a public demonstration in the Grand Central Palace, New York, in 34 minutes, a fact recorded in the New York newspapers and attested to by officials of the National Merchandise Fair…
At left – Mary Brooks Picken wearing a One Hour Dress, sketched by the Woman’s Institute Fashion Artist, Alice Seipp.Excerpt from “The One Hour Dress”“A smart, up-to-the-minute dress cut out, completely made, all ready to put on within an hour! You may receive a “phone call at one o’clock inviting you to a little impromptu gathering of friends at three, and you can go, if you wish, wearing a dainty new frock make in the time you would ordinarily spend wondering what to wear. Such is the delight you can find in making your own clothes now that it is easily possible to make an attractive, becoming dress in an hour.
And you can have as many “One Hour Dresses” as your heart desires — in infinite variety, for the “One Hour Dress” is not a style of dress, it is a method of making. It is a new and simple plan by which the dress you select from the many designs in this book can actually be cut out, put together, finished all complete in sixty minutes. And you can create other “One Hour Dresses” for yourself, because different combinations of colors and materials, different finishes and touches of decoration will enable you to have just the dress that appeals to your taste and have it quickly and at little cost.”
The simple dressmaking system developed by Mary Picken is just as relevant today as it was in 1924. Whether you are trying to create a 1920’s dress, sew a flapper dress costume, learn dressmaking, looking for inspiration, or a fashion student – you will get something from this book. NOTE: This System bypasses the pattern stage, but you can still use it to make patterns.
If you’re anything like me, you’re always looking for new apps. Every so often I declutter and get rid of apps I haven’t used in a while or see no reason to use any longer.
Since I’m all about the spring cleaning lately, these are the apps I’ve decided to keep:
So these are the obvious keeps. Instagram, Tumblr and Twitter are the top favs. Facebook Messenger just comes with the territory. I don’t really use Viber or WhatsApp anymore, mainly because I’ve grown distant both physically and metaphorically from the friends that I used to speak to on there.
Ok so Pinterest is my favorite. It’s been my obsession on and off for a while now, and right now the obsession is on. I have Skype on there in the event I need to make an international phone call to a land line, as opposed to a cell phone. Pandora keeps me relaxed. The Period Tracker helps me make sense of my life. Photoblender has come in handy a few time. I keep trying to use the Carb Tracker, but I have little sense of willpower. Shopkick let’s me earn a few. I live vicariously through Bitmoji and Bitstrips. I only downloaded Snapchat for the daily motivation from DJ Khaled. I like having the Islamic Calendar so I can easily look up holidays. Translate app is great when I can’t think of words in Arabic and I can get to it quick. Anyone who knows me, knows I have the craziest dreams. Really, they’re legendary, hence the dream interpretation app. Shazam is helpful when I’m out or watching something and I can’t identify the song I want to listen to more. Shopping lists keeps me on track when getting groceries and I am awful with numbers so that whole app for converting any and all measurements is perfect. Words Up: I HAVE BEEN STUCK ON THE SAME LEVEL FOR 3 YEARS!
So this is mostly the page with all the apps I can’t erase. But I like to listen to the Z Morning Zoo on Z100. I’ve been listening to that morning show since I was 13. It’s so much easier to listen to with the app. Field Agent and Surveys are two apps I use to earn a few pennies here and there. Snap gives me a little help when it comes to saving money. And of course I have my Layout app to make Instagram collages.
How about that…
Where would you want to retire to?
Two words: New Zealand
I’m going to get myself a tiny farm with a cute cottage. Get myself a bunch of sheep, donkeys and other friendly animals.
I’m going to learn some Maori and make nice, retired friends and live a carefree retired, Kiwi life.
I’m going to watch Kiwi soaps, go swimming in pretty lakes and leave the world behind.
- Learn the Industry
- 147 packed pages of information on all aspects of the travel industry
- Dozens of exclusive diagrams that explain the tourism value chain
- Important travel industry trends with explanations
- Insider knowledge on cutting edge information sources
- Over 100 travel industry terms and vocabulary explained in detail
- Meet the Players
- A look at tour operator and travel agent careers
- Unfolding the hospitality industry – jobs with airlines and hotels
- Understanding the support structures of the travel industry
- Detailed background on the function of government organizations
- Start Your Search
- Sample travel job descriptions
- Detailed salary guides with real-life examples
- Calendars of all major travel trade shows globally
- Comprehensive org charts of tourism boards, airlines, embassies, agencies, hotels and more
- Listing and tourism contact info for 180 different countries
- Make an Impression
- Sample resumes
- Presenting your travels, study abroad and other skills
- An overview of how to utilize social media platforms
- How to present your credentials in the most relevant way possible
- A special section on mega events – careers with the Olympics and World Cup
Writing Jobs 2016 | Get Paid To Write Online
Get Paid To Write Online! Brand New Writing Jobs Membership Site Now Available! Our $1 Trial + Live Support Is Converting Like Crazy! Real Jobs = High Retention Rates.
- Work at home, make money no matter where you are in the world!
- Get paid to write articles, blog posts, ebooks and many more!
- Choose from 1,000’s of jobs daily from different subjects
- Flexible work hours, work when you want to
- Highest-paying writing jobs – guaranteed!
- Fast payments via paypal, checks or wire transfer