Upper School History Instructor
Job posted by: Pioneers Baccalaureate School
Pioneers School (www.pioneers.ps) in Nablus, Palestine is seeking an English-speaking general history instructor for grades 9-12. The PBS history position requires in-depth knowledge of world history and/or U.S. history in order to prepare our students to take these SAT subject tests in June (2017). The successful candidate will also possess a heightened sense of cultural sensitivity as they navigate the curriculum.
Experience is preferred but not necessary. This position requires a high level of flexibility and creativity. The applicant must be able to work independently and teach to a variety of learning styles and abilities.
$425 salary per month, housing and return airfare are provided.
Pioneers School is the premier private school in Nablus. As a bilingual school, PBS focuses on differentiated instruction, inclusive classrooms and fostering critical thinking and student expression. Each year we add a grade level and will eventually be a full K-12 institution. Our high school curriculum prepares students to successfully complete the SAT and multiple SAT Subject Test in order to apply to competitive universities both in the West Bank and abroad.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for a position working with us, please send a photo, cover letter, and resume to email@example.com In your cover letter, please answer the following questions.
Why do you want to work with kids in Nablus? What do you consider your greatest strength? What do you do with your free time?
Please also include the email addresses for three references.
- Nablus, West Bank, Palestine
- Start date
- August 14, 2016
- Application deadline
- May 1, 2016
- Education requirements
- Level of language proficiency
- Employment type
- Full time
- Professional level
- None specified
- Job function
- Owner’s areas of focus
Get career tips from our experts
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)