Trip to Palestine – Summer 2016
Volunteer Opportunity posted by: Excellence Center for Education in Palestine
Posted on: February 29, 2016
Volunteer Opportunity description
You are invited to join the Excellence Center for a Trip to Palestine 2016, Hebron, Palestine. The Excellence Center, centrally located in Hebron, is an English language school providing the best in English language opportunities for the local population.
The Trip to Palestine program is a cultural immersion for international persons seeking an experience that allows the participant to become a cultural ambassador for his/her home country, while experiencing and familiarizing him/herself with the daily life of Palestinians, and the region’s rich history. The Excellence Center will provide participants with an entertaining, enriching, and dynamic stay. Please click here to watch a short video “Trip to Palestine 2015”.
Program participants, led by Palestinian guides, will gain an authentic perspective of the West Bank. They will experience firsthand the many traditions, foods, and people of this vibrant land. Those interested in the political situation will have the opportunity to acquire firsthand impressions of the occupation.
The Trip to Palestine will provide internationals with opportunities to:
– Live in Hebron, and visit the Old City, holy sites, and the local refugee camps
– Learn spoken Arabic from native speakers, and opportunity to communicate with local persons.
– Travel to historic locations, and nearby cities including Jericho, Ramallah, and Bethlehem.
– Live with a local Palestinian family if desired.
– Visit Palestinian universities, and local institutions and organizations specializing in culture and education.
– Eat Palestinian foods.
– Attend cultural nights featuring entertainment, activities, and sports.
– Listen to distinguished persons discuss Palestinian heritage and history.
How to apply
Send an email requesting an application to:Rafat@excellencenter.org We will send you an application form. Please read the enclosed information and return the completed application to us at:Rafat@excellencenter.org.
For more information, please visit our website:http:excellencenter.org/
Excellence Center’s Facebook page:https:www.facebook.com/ExcellenceCenter
Excellence Center’s Facebook account:https:www.facebook.com/RafatECHebron
Watch us on Youtube:https:www.youtube.com/channel/UCsQSLdFZWZcBm6Uj0XMYuKg
Visit and Explore Palestine:https:www.facebook.com/ExplorePalestine
- Ein Sarah, Hebron, West Bank, 00972, Palestine
- Appropriate for
- Extra details
- Fee required
- International volunteer options
- International volunteers welcome
- Housing available
- Language/cultural support available
- Owner’s areas of focus
- Less than 3 months
- Time commitment
- Full time (30-40 hours/week)
- Times of day
- Days of week
- Fixed schedule
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)